Fresh Thai Noodle Salad
I’m a huge fan of ethnic food and love dishes that pack a ton of flavour. This cold Thai Noodle Salad is so fresh and flavourful and it’s perfect for dinner or brining as a dish to a potluck. It is really easy to make and it is better when made in advance so it has time to marinate. The recipe serves 6 and is always a hit when I make it for friends. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!!
1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
3 TBSP. Vegetable Oil
3 TBSP. Soy Sauce
2 TBSP. Brown Sugar
1 TBSP. Sesame Oil
1 TBSP. Minced Garlic
1 TBSP. Grated Lime Zest
1 TBSP. Minced Jalapeno Pepper
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/2 LB (one bunch) Green Beans or Asparagus Spears Trimmed
8 oz. Brown Rice Noodles or Fresh Chinese Egg Noodles
2 Cups Peeled, Shredded Carrots
1/2 Cup Slivered Red Peppers (I added orange ones too)
1 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onions
Cilantro (if desired)
- Wish vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside.
- Cut green beans or asparagus diagonally into 1/2″ pieces. Cook in boiling water until tender crisp (be careful not to overcooked!), plunge into cold water (to retain colour) and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions then drain.
- Toss cooled noodles with with vegetables and vinaigrette.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with green onion and cilantro before serving.