Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
This flavorful roasted red pepper soup is a blend of red peppers, tomatoes, onions, and garlic. It’s delicious, healthy and easy to make – just roast all the veggies on one baking sheet, then blend it all together in your Vitamix. Perfect served warm or serve as a chilled gazpacho on a hot summer day!
- 8 or 9 tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 small yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees with two racks placed in the middle of the oven.
- Grease two (preferably rimmed) baking sheets. Place tomatoes, skin side down, on one of them.
- Toss the onions and red peppers lightly with olive oil. Place on the other baking sheet, with the red peppers skin side down. Place the unpeeled garlic on the sheet, too.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Heat your vegetable broth on medium-high heat. Peel your garlic and toss it in. Add roasted vegetables and simmer for ten minutes.
- Purée the soup using an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender, several cups at a time.
*Yields about 12 cups of soup