What exactly is Freezling you ask??? It just may be my new favourite drink and it is a spin-off of the super popular frosé-frozen rosé wine slush. Freezling however is made using riesling instead of rosé and it’s perfect for a hot summer day. It’s super versatile and can be made by blending any of your favourite fruit and Kitsch’s Maria’s Block Riesling which is a classic style Riesling with notes of peach, appricot, and nectarine!
- 1 bottle Kitsch Maria’s Block Riesling plus more for blending *see note
- 6 fresh peaches (peeled and sliced)
- ½ cup simple syrup (mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup hot water and mix to dissolve sugar)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 oz Triple Sec
- Add fresh peaches, simple syrup, lemon juice, Triple Sec and Kitsch Riesling to a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays or a pan.
- Place frozen mixture in a blender. ( I never measure them out. I just toss a handful in and add more if I need it)
- Add a splash of wine to make blending easier.
- Blend until slush consistency (add a splash of wine to thin it out if needed)
- Pour into wine glasses, add a straw (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh fruit like peaches, lemons, or limes.
You’ll need to add a few splashes of wine to the frozen ice cube for blending. You can reserve a small amount of wine or just use some wine from another bottle, which is what I do.
ADD ice! If you like for your slushies to have those tiny little ice chips then throw in a few ice cubes and a little bit more wine!