Pink Grapefruit Sorbet- refined sugar and dairy free
This simple and refreshing Pink Grapefruit Sorbet does not require an ice cream maker and is the perfect treat on a warm sunny day! I’m such a sucker for all things citrusy and I love a good sweet yet tangy sorbet. When I was little I always choose sorbet instead of ice cream. Rainbow sorbet was my go to and I’m still that way today! Some of my favourite desserts are things like key lime or lemon meringue pie, and if I have a choice between ice cream or sorbet, its sorbet ALL the way!
I made this sorbet with monk fruit sweetener (my favourite natural sweetener) so it’s lower in calories and refined sugar free. If you are not a fan of sweeteners or don’t have any at home, don’t worry it also tastes amazing made with regular sugar!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener (or 1 cup white granulated sugar)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (about 1-2 grapefruits, I used pink grapefruits)
- Fresh mint sprig for a garnish if desired
In a saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes: remove from heat, cover and let cool.
- Pour grapefruit juice and cooled water mixture in a blender and blend well.
- Strain and transfer mixture to a shallow pan, cover and freeze until firm.
- Transfer frozen mixture into a blender again and blend well.
- Freeze again in a shallow pan.
- When ready to serve, use a melon baller or ice cream scoop and garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.