How pretty are these watermelon popsicles??! I just love how colourful they are and my kids love them too.
With the weather getting a little warmer and summer just around the corner I’ve been trying out new popsicle recipes for healthy treats at home. Using all natural fruit, no processed sugar or preservatives, these are a great option for a guilt free treat. They are naturally low in calories, are packed full of immune boosting vitamin C, and have a good source of vitamin A. They also contain potassium which helps to balance fluids in the body and keeps you hydrated.
These popsicles are also dairy free, vegan, and gluten-free if anyone has any dietary restrictions!!
2 cups Watermelon, diced (seeds removed)
1 cup Strawberries
½ cup coconut milk, regular or light
1 cup Kiwi, diced
1. In a food processor or blender, puree the watermelon and strawberries until smooth and set aside.
2. Puree the kiwi until smooth and set aside.
3. In your mold, fill ⅔ way with your watermelon puree. Freeze this layer for 30 minutes.
4. For the next layer pour in a layer of coconut milk on top of the frozen watermelon, leaving room for the kiwi layer on top. Pop back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
5. Pour the pureed kiwi on top of the frozen coconut milk. Freezing in between layers gives you lovely clean layering.
6. Cover mold, add sticks and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight. They will keep in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.
TIP: Run the molds under warm water to loosen up the popsicles.