Best EVER Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
These flourless chocolate chip cookies are really good. They are a bit healthier than your standard cookie as they are made with oat flour (blended oats) instead of processed flour and coconut oil instead of butter. Oats are a whole grain which means they are a good source of soluble fiber and help to reduce cholesterol levels. They are also high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. I love using oat flour in place of regular flour whenever I can for the added nutritional benefits!
These cookies are super chewy inside with a nice crispy outside and are gluten-free for those who can’t have gluten. They take just 20 mins to make including the bake time and I promise they taste exactly like the old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies your grandma used to make!!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 20 mins
Servings: 18 cookies
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
4 tablespoons dark brown sugar lightly packed
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 and 1/2 cups oat flour (regular oats blended in a blender)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Optional: coarse sea salt
1. Take regular old-fashioned oats and blend them until they resemble a flour or powder in a blender or food processor.
2. Combine the vanilla extract, large egg, and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. Melt the coconut oil and let it cool slightly before adding to the bowl.
4. Beat everything together until just combined.
4. Stir in the oat flour (measured after blending NOT before), baking soda, cinnamon (scale this amount to taste preferences), and salt.
5. Stir until just combined and then fold in the dark chocolate chips.
6. Chill the dough for at least one hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using a cookie scoop (and pack these in the scoop very tightly or they may crumble), scoop out balls of the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
8. Remove and allow to stay on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.
Scoop out the dough with a cookie scoop to avoid the coconut oil coming back to room temperature after the chilling. Don’t have a cookie scoop? Use a spoon and your hands, but then re-chill the dough for 15-30 minutes after the balls are rolled.
Pack in the cookies TIGHT in the cookie scoop (or your hands) to avoid crumbly cookies.
Make sure to measure your coconut oil in a liquid form.
Allow the cookies to cool completely or they tend to be crumbly. They are DELICIOUS right out of the oven, but a bit crumbly until they have cooled all the way.