Healthy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaves
These little loaves are a variation of my carrot zucchini muffins. They contain a little more zucchini in place of the carrots and have chocolate chips instead of raisins. The recipe is very versatile and can be made into a larger loaf, mini loaves, or muffins.
The zucchini makes these really moist and provides a ton of nutrients including vitamin C, magnesium, vitamin A, as well as protein, and fiber. I love that they are packed full of healthy ingredients, contain whole wheat flour, and are sweetened with honey instead of refined sugar. I added dark chocolate chips for a little extra treat cause who doesn’t love chocolate?? I sure do!!
Recipe makes approx 24 and the leftovers freeze well.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaves
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1/2- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F and place your rack in the center of the oven. Grease your loaf pan or muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and stir together.
- In a second mixing bowl mix the honey, coconut oil (melted and cooled), egg, and vanilla together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Add the grated zucchini and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Fill each muffin tin or pan until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool on a baking rack and enjoy!!