10 Ways I Use Coconut Oil In My Beauty Routine
Coconut oil is not only great in the kitchen but it’s also a great product to use in your beauty routine. I’ve been making an effort to use more natural products on my skin this year and I love how many things I can use coconut oil for in replace of some of my other beauty products. The best part is it’s completely safe, non toxic and all natural!!
Having one product that replaces a bunch of other products has not only saved me a ton of money, it has also eliminated a bunch of clutter on my bathroom shelves! Bonus!!
Here are the 10 ways I use it in my day to day life:
- Lotion- I use coconut oil after I get out of the shower. It traps in moisture and really hydrates your skin. I usually throw on my house coat or wait 5 mins before putting on clothes so it has time to soak into my skin. The key here is using a small amount or else it can be a bit too greasy. Wipe off excess oil after 5 mins. I use a tiny amount to avoid having to do this! It also has a natural SPF 4 rating so it acts as a mild sunscreen as well.
- Makeup Remover- I use coconut oil to remove my mascara and eye makeup at the end of the day. I rub a small amount in a circular motion onto my eyes and then wipe them after with a warm face cloth. It also hydrates the eye area! Bonus!
- Massage Oil- I put a small amount in a container and add either 1 drop lavender oil or 1 drop peppermint oil to make a massage oil that will hydrate the skin. Peppermint smooths sore muscles and feet and the lavender is good for stress relief and relaxation.
- Cuticle oil- I place coconut oil on my cuticles to soften them before pushing back my cuticles. It will hydrate your nails and soften your cuticles.
- Lip Balm- I use it on my lips to smooth dry skin.
- Scrub- I mix coconut oil with sugar to create a natural exfoliator that is good for dry skin and lips. I usually add 1 drop of peppermint oil for a minty effect.
- Baby Ointment- Coconut oil has anti bacterial properties and works great to sooth diaper rash and redness. It is all natural and soaks in nicely to sooth a sore toosh.
- Cheek Bone Highlighter- I use a tiny amount of coconut oil to highlight my cheekbones and to give my skin a nice glow.
- Sunburn Remedy- The anti inflammatory benefits of coconut oil works great to sooth sunburnt skin.
- Hair Shine/Anti-Frizz Serum- I rub a tiny amount of coconut oil between my hands and lightly comb my fingers through my hair to give it a nice shine and to de-frizz in the winter or when I’m somewhere humid.