Mini Chocolate Mints
Ummmmm these mini chocolate mints are by far the best treat I made this holiday season. They’re super creamy, chocolately and have just the right amount of mint flavour. With less processed sugar and all natural ingredients, these knock-off peppermint patties are pretty dreamy.
I made two different versions. The first was a dark chocolate mint combo and the second was a matcha mint white chocolate combo. I have to say the white chocolate matcha mint were my absolute favourite. I may however be a little bias because I LOVE white chocolate BUT they were beyond decadent and a huge hit at my holiday party.
I used the Oh She Glows Creamy Dreamy Peppermint recipe for these but changed things up a bit. I was feeling a bit lazy and just wanted to pour my chocolate and filling into cups rather than spend the time forming mint patties and then fussing with dipping them in chocolate. I also liked that I could use pretty little foil wrappers in silver and gold to dress them up a little!
So… I poured everything into mini chocolate foil wrappers by first adding 1/3 chocolate, then 1/3 mint filling from the Oh She Glows, Creamy Dreamy Peppermint Patties recipe, and then I topped it off with 1/3 chocolate. The filling was super tasty and easy to make!!! Here are the recipes for the two different chocolates I made:
Chocolate Mint Cups
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours or overnight
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp agave or your preferred sweetener of choice (I used pure maple syrup)
2 Tbsp Almond Milk
1 tsp peppermint extract (I used 1/2 tsp peppermint essential oil)
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cover cashews with water and let soak for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Place the cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup or agave, almond milk and the peppermint extract in a high-speed blender and blend until really smooth (may take 1-2 mins).
- Line your baking sheet with parchment and line up all your foil wrappers on the tray.
- Melt half the chocolate in a double boiler and slowly add half of the coconut oil mixing well.
- Pour melted chocolate using a spoon into the wrapper until it’s 1/3 full.
- Place the tray of cups in the fridge for 10 mins until set.
- Once set add a layer of the mint filling until the cups are 2/3’s full and put back in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Melt the other half of the chocolate and fill up the chocolate cup.
- Place these in the fridge to set and then Enjoy!!
White Chocolate Matcha Mint Cups
I used the same recipe as above but instead of dark chocolate I used organic white chocolate. I then took the same Creamy Dreamy Peppermint filling recipe but I added 1 tbsp of matcha powder to the mix before blending. These were AMAZING! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!